Tuesday, April 11, 2006

B-day Party Recap (aka "Best Birthday Ever!")

Ok, so I had my long-awaited b-day bash this past weekend, and oh man, was it a Hell of a party!

We started the night at the Chelsea Piers Bowling Alley. Ariana's brother, Carlos, is one of the managers there, so he hooked us up with free bowling, shoe rental, and lots of food (including chicken wings, fries, chicken fingers, pigs in a blanket, sandwiches and shrimp).

We had a private room in the back for the food (which was all pretty good), and then after about an hour or so, we headed out to do some bowling.

They gave us four lanes, which was cool. That way we wouldn't be like 15 people to a lane or anything (cuz like 25+ people showed up).

My bowling team consisted of Greg, Jessii, Matt, David and Eric (basically the HS & Chuch crew). I actually wound up winning the first game, which was pretty cool.

For the second game, almost everyone across the board picked crazy nicknames for the game. We were graced with the presense of Chuck Norris (Alan), Wolverine (Steve P), and a few other just flat out insane names- Darth Asskicker (me), MightyBallsYoung (David), MeLuvULongTime (Eric), etc.

I don't know if anyone got to finish their second game (b/c everything turned off after 10pm), but it was definitely a lot of fun. Below is the great group shot we took at the end of the bowling portion of the night (not everyone is pictured though, due to people being all over the place). I actually made that big enough to be a desktop wallpaper in case anyone is interested.


This is another shot from the bowling party. Even though I'm not in it, it's one of my favorite shots from that portion of the party, only b/c it typifies everything that happened.


While this picture typifies everything that happened in the "after-party" portion of the night, heh.

Speaking of the "after-party," after bowling, most of our group went over to Red Rock West a few blocks away. For those of you who do not know what Red Rock West is, basically it is exactly like the movie Coyote Ugly. As soon as we walked in the bar, a few of the bartenders (all female) were already dancing on top of the bar. So we knew right away, that we had an insane night ahead of us.

Everyone had told me on the way over to the bar, that it was their mission to get me drunk that night, and boy did they live up to their promise. They barely let me go for more than five minutes without a drink in my hands (and thank you all for that by the way, you guys are awesome, lol).

So yeah, the place was crowded but it was a lot of fun. A few more of my friends met up with us at the bar, including my cousin, Jay, who I hadn't seen in over a year.

But yeah, let me get on with the part you really all wanna hear about- the ladies. The bartenders were all insane. They did fire shows (where they blew fireballs out of their mouths), as well as water shows (where they would get on the bar and douse their leather-clad selves with pitchers of water).

Even our own ladies got in on the fun on the bar. The first time, Maryann, Ashley and Ariana got up to dance, which was hot. Then later on in the night the three of them went back up again but even Athena joined them! So that shocked all of us, and I have the photo proof of it below, heh. Good times, good times...

(BTW, did I mention that we actually have VIDEO footage of the above scene?? No? Well we do, and it's awesome, heh).

So yeah, everyone had a blast at the party. We had a little bit of crazyiness at the end (a small issue with one of the bouncers who was drunk and decided to pick on us for no reason), but it all worked out in the end. Plus it was already 3am at that point so we were just about to head out anyways.

I once again just want to thank everyone who came out and made this the best birthday party I've ever had. Thanks for all the cards and gifts you gave me (as well as pitching in to the iPod fund. I actually went and purchased it yesterday, it's pretty sweet). Special thanks to James for making the suggestion of the location of the after-party, and to Gaetano for giving my drunk-ass a ride back home. Thanks for everyone who took tons of great (and sometimes incriminating) pics. I can't wait to see them all.

Now the only thing I have to do, is start thinking about how on earth I'm ever gonna top this party in the future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home