Thursday, May 12, 2005

Weezer minutes! =w=

Went to see Weezer last night with Ariana and met up with Stevo and some of his buddies. I had just bought the new album on Tues (and it's pretty good too) and had been playing it non-stop to psyche myself up (and memorize as much of it as I could) for the show.

The show itself was short as usual (although at an hour and 20 minutes, it's probably the longest Weezer show I've ever been to) but it kicked ass. As per the term Rachael coined a few years ago- it was "Weezer minutes." (Which means, lots of goodness packed into a small amount of time).

But yeah, they played about 19 songs or so. Lots from the Blue album, three songs from Pinkerton (although no El Scorcho- BOO! BUT they did play The Good Life, so that was cool), all the singles from the Green Album, pretty much nothing from Maladroit (I guess they got tired of it from their last tour) and like 5-6 songs from the new album. So I was pretty happy with the setlist as a whole.


Edit: (Here's the actual setlist)

Tired Of Sex
In The Garage
No One Else
Pardon Me
Buddy Holly
Photograph
Hold Me
Getchoo
Say It Ain't So
We Are All On Drugs
Island In The Sun
My Name Is Jonas
Peace
Beverly Hills
Hash Pipe
Haunt You Every Day
---
Undone - The Sweater Song
The Good Life

I was also happy the concert started (and ended) early, as earlier in the day we had taken some students on a college trip, so that was pretty draining- and we had also just gone to the Yankee game the night before (which the Yanks won, whoo!) so I was pretty tired. This was only the beginning of what will be a pretty hectic 2 weeks though. I'll go into detail about it in a future post though, but wrestling just started so I am out of here, heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home