Thursday, April 14, 2005

Psyched for different things

Well my birthday the other day started off pretty well. Both me and Henry tried to get tix for the Killers in June through a pre-sale on their website. Henry was able to get through, so he got 4 tix for us. So we're going to see The Killers at the Central Park Summerstage! I'm VERY psyched!

****

I also got my other b-day present from Ariana later in the day. I knew what it was already (b/c I had asked for it back in November), but I was still excited for it. It was the Puppet Angel from the episode "Smile Time." (I'd link u all to a pic, but first off, I can't b/c I'm on my stupid mac at work, and also, all pics on the websites are not of how the final product turned out, so I guess it wouldn't make much sense to do it anyways). But just trust me, it's pretty cool.

****

Last week, my sister introduced me to this web-comic that has been around for quite sometime, but that she just discovered. It's called "Sluggy Freelance" and it is absolutely hysterical. I can't believe neither of us ran across this sucker in all these years (it's been around since 1997). I dunno if the comic strip will be everyone's cup-o-tea, but it definitely speaks loudly to me and my sister, mostly b/c of the cute evil bunny character: Bun-bun. When me and my sister were younger we would create stories eerily similar to the ones in this comic strip (not all the stories, but there are a handful of things in the strip that just make both of us go- "we so DID that!" or "we so would have done something similar to that!"

So yeah, if you are interested you can check out the strip (from the beginning) at this website:
http://sluggy.com/daily.php

****

Baseball season is underway! Thank the good Lord! I'm very much enjoying the beginning of this season, especially since it's starting with a bunch of games between the Yankees and the Red Sox. They've already had some good games (and oh man, did I love watching Schilling get pounded last night), and the next few times these 2 teams meet in the season should be even better.

Oh and the Marlins are doing well also. Within the past 6 games they've had like 4 complete game wins (and at least 2 of those were shut outs if not all of them). The Marlins pitching staff really seems to be coming into their own so far, but let's just hope Jack McKeon doesn't wear out his pitchers by having them pitch so long into games.

But yeah, both the AL and NL east are gonna be fun divisions to watch. So I'm psyched to see how this season plays out. I'd sure as hell be happy with a Yankees-Marlins World Series rematch (although I'd like the outcome to be different this time).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good see you in pretty day in my Weblog
In Rio de Janeiro Brazil

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home