Friday, December 30, 2005

Other random vacation happenings

A few little things have happened during the vacation break, which I figured I'd share now while I have some free time otherwise it'll take me forever to recap.

- My aunt, Diana and her husband and son- Ivan and Mitchell came to NY for the holidays. Mitchell is nine years old now, so he's a lot more fun to play with. I mean he was always adorable but now he's older and can do more stuff. So he's come over my place a few times and we've played lots of video games. He likes the Dragonball Z Budokai games a lot, so it's been fun b/c I finally have someone to play them against. I've realized that Budokai 3, is a lot more fun when you play against another person.

- I think I BRIEFLY mentioned this in a previous post but I finally hopped on the bandwagon and created a myspace account. I know it took me long enough, but I really wasn't interested b/c I was already on Friendster and it's basically the same crap, and I haven't used that too much lately so I was figuring "What's the point?" But lots of bands and stuff are on myspace and give offers to fans, so I finally caved in and joined. It's a pretty cool site. I don't know how much I'll update it but it's fun for the meantime.

- I've been reading a lot of books lately. Hell I've probably read more books in the past 3 years than I have my entire life, heh. In the past month of so I've read Scooter by Mick Foley (which wasn't as great as his previous works but was still a good read, albeit a bit depressing), then I went on to the Da Vinci Code, which was really freakin good. I'm still up in the air as to whether I prefer this book or Angels & Demons but it was definitely really good and I totally understand why there was so much hoopla about it. And finally last week I re-read The Lion, The Witch & the Wardrobe (which I prob haven't read since I was like 11 years old, but wanted to familiarize myself with before I saw the new movie of it).

But now, I'm really not sure what I'm gonna read next. I've had a copy of Stephen King's "The Stand" on my bookshelf for YEARS and have never gone through it, so maybe it's time to dust it off. We'll see. Anyone out there got any suggestions though? I'm all ears.

- And with all my reading and TV watching, I somehow fit in time for video games, heh. I finally started Suikoden 4 the other week. It's not as good as the previous 3 Suikoden games, but it's still fun. I was having a hard time with it in the beginning (mostly b/c the sailing portion of the game was irritating the hell out of me) but I've since earned the teleporting character so I'm having a lot better time with it now, heh.

- I was able to score another set of Season Tix for the Yankees. It's an 8 game plan like last year, but this year is cool b/c it includes a Boston game (May 10th). So I'm pretty excited about that.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of the Yankees, they finally got themselves a Center fielder. Thing is, I'm kinda torn on the subject.

The Yankees went and signed Johnny Damon. Now of all the Red Sox, he was one of the only guys I actually didn't flat out hate on that team. So I don't MIND him coming to the Yanks b/c he's a good lead off hitter (which the Yanks needed). But the thing is, he's not a great center fielder, hell he's not even a GOOD one. His arm is just as bad, if not worse than Bernie's. But at least the Yanks didn't give the man 7 years. That would have been insane. I can live with only 4 years.

But the really big thing about this signing is that it actually hurts the Red Sox more than it helps the Yankees. Which I'm SURE is something the Yanks considered with this signing, although they'll never admit it. The Red Sox are now without a Center fielder, lead off man, short stop, and more. So they got fairly well crippled. It can be seen as a dick move by the Yanks, and I'm sure that's what people will go about saying. And in all honesty I don't know if I CAN defend them, so I'm gonna stay quiet on this front for the most part. But the Yankees have been pretty quiet in bolstering their team (they got Farnsworth, Dotel, Myers and Villone for their bullpen) before the Damon signing. And with all the big moves the Toronto Blue Jays have made this offseason, it can turn into a pretty interesting race in the AL East. I'm looking forward to it.

****

-And lastly, Christmas. I did pretty well for myself this year, getting pretty much everything I asked for.

I finally got Dance, Dance Revolution for the Playstation. So I'm gonna set it up with my PSOne down in my living room and I can use that for a cardio workout. So that should make working out a bit more fun for me.

Then I got a few DVDs. I got South Park Season 6, Simpsons Season 7, Firefly the Series, and the entire series of Coupling in a box set. And finally I got X-Men Legends 2 for the Gamecube.

So yeah, I guess you can say I racked up pretty well. Not to mention I bought a few items for myself this past week as well (I got Serenity, the 40 Year Old Virgin and Sin City Special Edition DVDs), so I'll be pretty busy with movies and video games during my vacation.

- And I'm gonna end my post here, but I'll update again within the next few days. I have to share my experience at the Smackdown houseshow I went to (including some cool pictures). Oh and it's the end of the year, so you know what that means... my second annual "Year-End Awards." So be on the lookout for that sometime in the coming week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home