Sunday, April 16, 2006

Free Hoobastank Concert

So earlier this week (Thursday to be exact), Hoobastank put on a free show for their fans at the Hard Rock Cafe down in Times Square.

It was a bit of a confusing process to sign up for the show and even that didn't guarantee entrance to the show, so I showed up pretty early to the Hard Rock Cafe (the scheduled "doors open" time was at 7:30, so I arrived at 5pm). Waiting around for two and a half hours wasn't the most fun thing in the world, but at least the weather was great and the people I was online with were pretty nice.

The show itself was really cool. The opening band was decent, and Hoobastank rocked as always. I had a pretty good spot too (I stood up on the first balcony, to the side, so I had a prefect view). Pics were allowed too, so I got a bunch of awesome shots.

After the concert they had an offer where if you pre-ordered the album (for $15) you could go to a Meet & Greet that night. Even though I met the band twice before, and have their autographs, this time I had a digital camera on me, so I thought it'd be cool to get some good shots. So I did the pre-order thing and waited inline after the show to meet the band.

Sadly, at one point the security guards told us that photographs were not allowed (D'OH!) so instead I just had them sign a poster I had taken from the walls. I also got to speak with each of them for a little while, so that was cool. They have a new band member, so I got his autograph, and joked around with the other guys, and once again pleaded with Doug Robb (the lead singer) to play "Can I Buy You a Drink?" at a future NY concert. Hopefully this time he will take my request into consideration.

Finally, on my way out, I ran into the person who was lucky enough to get the setlist. So I asked if I could take a picture of it and she was cool enough to let me.

As you can see they played a few new songs off the upcoming album (and they are all pretty good) as well as a bunch of their well known hits. So all in all it was a fun show made even better by the fact it was FREE. And free is always good, heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home