Monday, August 28, 2006

Codine is a great drug...

I had my wisdom teeth pulled this past Thursday. It's not a fun experience. I had actually avoided and prayed I would never have to have them removed b/c my mouth is so small. I was afraid the surgeon would have a hard time removing them, and there would be complications.

But when I went to the dentist the other week, he highly suggested I take them out, b/c the bottom ones were coming in totally sideways, and the upper ones were coming out lower than the other teeth and could bother the lower teeth and gums.

So I finally decided to just get it over with. I also just needed to get it done before I go back to grad school this week, so I bit the bullet.

Thank God, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Yeah it hurt a bit, but not as much as I expected. Plus, as the title suggests, they gave me some great painkillers so that helped a great deal. I was actually more sore around my lips and jaw, b/c they really had to stretch me open (because of my small mouth). And the bottom right side of my mouth also bothers a bit, b/c they apparently had a pretty hard time removing that tooth. So the dentist did tell me that would be sore for a few days. But I spent the weekend, nice and loopy due to the meds and just eating lots of jello and ice cream. So like I said, overall, it wasn't TOO bad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a better man than I - I've got a tooth coming in sideways and I'm totally too wussy to get it pulled.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home