Saturday, May 14, 2005

All Good Things Must Come To An End...

Tino Martinez didn't hit a homerun last night, ending his streak at 5 homers in 5 games. Oh well, at least the Yanks still won and are now only 2 games under .500 (and they're on a 6 game win streak... geez that just shows how bad their April was... ouch. Thank God they are back on track).

****

Hype for the new Star Wars movie has entered lightspeed this week. And reviews for the movie are already out (from the lucky few people who have already seen it). It's getting decently strong reviews (yay! Hope!) but of course some people have to put it down. I won't let those reviewers opinions affect my anticipation though, b/c just as Chris Finnigan from Best Week Ever said:

"At the end of the day, Star Wars is like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pizza. And that ain't bad."

Damn skippy.

****

I let insanity get a small hold of me early this morning as tickets for the ECW One Night Stand Show at Hammerstein Ballroom went on sale at 10am. I knew the tickets were gonna range in price from $150-400, which is RIDICULOUS for a wrestling show. So everyone who was all psyched about it when it was first announced and wanted to go, dropped out.

But a part of me still really wanted to go, even with the $150 price tag. So I sent an alarm for 9:50am this morning. As the alarm rang, I was just tired and wondering if I should even bother getting up then my mind began to race
"Is it really worth it?"
"It WILL be a kickass show."
"Can I afford it?"
"I could buy 4 and ebay the other 2-3 for more money and make it so I'm technically paying less for my ticket..."
"Would I wanna go by myself?"
"Will the $150 even be worth it?"
"It's freakin ECW!!! I need to go to this!"

Eventually I just got up went to the ticketmaster site and I tried for four tickets and actually was given four seats in the Promenade "behind the floor". Thing is, in the seating chart didn't show what it would be like for a wrestling show (no pic of a ring) and it didn't even show a promenade section! Was it high up? Was it like those side balconies they have at Hammerstein? Was it the stage itself (since the ring is in the center and not on the stage itself)? I only had two minutes to decide and with pushing the continue button meaning charging $600 to my credit card, I had to just let the tix go, as much as it hurt to do so.

As soon as I pressed the "release tix" button, Henry called me saying he could order 2 ringside seats for $400 apiece. But there was no way I was gonna do that, if I was debating $150, I wasn't gonna shell out $400. Uggh, it just sucks, b/c I REALLY wanted to freakin go... Damn Vince McMahon for making this show too expensive for the average working man! That totally goes against what ECW originally stood for!

Oh well, looks like it'll be us at Phil's as usual (which will still be fun, but still...). I just hope I don't regret not going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home