Thursday, May 11, 2006

Recent Annoyances...

Ok, so America proved once again last night that they are a bunch of idiots. Last night on American Idol (yeah I've watched this season, shut up, lol) they eliminated Chris Daughtry which is just a damn shame. Granted, when they first introduced him on the show I was like "He deserves this more than anyone, but America won't vote for him b/c he's a rocker... oh well." But I rooted for him anyways, and America surprised me for awhile by actually continuing to strongly vote for Chris. And Daughtry did his part by being awesome week after week (including that great rock version of Johnny Cash's "I Walk The Line").

He wound up outlasting a lot of the other people I was initially scared that he might lose to. So by this point, I really didn't feel there was anyone else that should or even could win over him. So I gotta say that last night was a complete shocker. The look on Daughtry's face said it all (see the pic below).
Even Simon Cowell had a shocked face, all like "oh great, now I gotta somehow market an album by one of these other tools... great job America..." I think he was surprised America was this dumb, b/c I think for once he was giving us the benefit of the doubt, lol. Way to prove him wrong everyone!

I mean in the end, it might work out better for Daughtry b/c since he didn't finish in the top 2, once the whole Idols Top 10 tour is over he can accept contracts from other places. That way he won't have to join in with Cowell and his writer cronies and have to sing some wuss pop/rock and can do what he wants instead. It still irritates me though.

****

-My second beef, is just something small I wanted to mention. Ariana is actually the one who pointed it out to me, b/c it bothers her even more (and she is more exposed to it). Apparently it is the new female fashion trend to wear clogs. Freakin CLOGS! The hell??? I haven't really seen it too much in NY (although Ariana says she sees it all the time downtown). But I saw it all over the place in Puerto Rico- hot girls, dressed nice and they ruin it with those horrible "shoes". Oh and what's worse... most of them aren't even normal colors like black or brown. They have them in like neon green, orange, yellow, etc. They are horrible!

So yeah message to all females out there. Stop it with the clogs, just stop it! They're ugly, it's not cute no matter what outfit you put it with. Trust me on this one (cuz this is both a female and male opinion, as Ariana is the one who is really against this, I'm just fully agreeing with her).

****

-And my final point of bitching- I was told by a fairly reliable source at Fordham U. that Fordham is raising the price of parking for both students and faculty next year.

Now when I heard this, I was pretty upset, b/c we are already paying $300 a year (which is a lot more than other colleges in the tri-state area- even other private schools). The reason they would give us for the high charge was that since there wasn't a lot of parking, they charged us due to demand. Well now that they made this parking garage there are hundreds more spaces so by their logic, the prices SHOULD go down right?

Well get this, then we were informed just how much they were raising the parking by. They are raising it to $500 for faculty and $1000 for students!!!!!

Upon hearing this, I was infuriated. Like I said $300 is ALREADY a ridiculous amount, so to increase the amount by upwards of 300% is just plain wrong.

There isn't a damn reason for it. It's just not fair to either the faculty or especially the incoming students. They are making the college way too expensive for the low and lower-middle class families to possibly afford, and it just isn't right. Someone really needs to talk to McShane. I've liked him so far, but I'm really against this move. Even if I'm not a part of Fordham by the next school year, I'm very opposed to this hike in price just in principle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home