Thursday, July 12, 2007

It's been a busy month

It’s been about a month since I’ve blogged about my actual day to day activities. So I’m going to try to catch up as best as I can from where I left off (which I believe was on Thurs. June 14th).

Fri. June 15th:
Did a bunch of stuff for my dad, including going to his bank to show I now had Power of Attorney, so I could get access to his account to pay his rent and bills. Then that night me and Ariana labeled and stamped our Save the Date cards to send them out.

Sat. June 16th:
Woke up early- mailed out the Save the Date cards (did you all get them?), and then headed down to the city to begin our Wedding Registry (for details on where, you’ll have to ask Maryann, it’s tacky for the bride and groom to reveal where unless we are asked). So we spent a few good hours doing that, and then afterwards we went to James’ 28th birthday party over at Brother Jimmy’s BBQ. It was an awesome place! Great food and atmosphere (they had rocking music all night long- they played Reel Big Fish! How cool is that?). Then we went to Bourbon Street to do more drinking and dancing. A very fun night overall.

Sun. June 17th:
Was Father’s Day so I treated my grandfather (and by proxy the rest of my family) to dinner. Then I visited my dad in the nursing home for awhile. After that we went to Phil’s for the TNA Slammiversary PPV, which was pretty decent.

Mon. June 18th:
After work, Maryann joined Ariana and myself to do more registry stuff.

Tues. June 19th
Went to my dad’s co-op to finally pay his rent.
After work, I met up with Henry and finally got a chance to officially ask him to be “Co-Best man” at my wedding (the other Co-Best man is my friend Chaz). I had been meaning to ask Henry for a few weeks, and was planning on asking him during Jubilee weekend, but due to circumstances beyond our control it didn’t work out that way. But at least I was finally able to, and was pretty psyched about it, so that was cool.

Not too much happened the rest of the week, other than I ordered tix to see Zebrahead & Unwritten Law in concert, and me & Ariana went to go see Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer at New Roc.

Sat. June 23rd:
Went to Bryan’s place in NJ for a BBQ for his birthday. We had a great time. The food was really good, and he’s got a lot of space for outdoor stuff in his area. So we played football in a field nearby, and also hung around in the playground area for awhile. Then we went over to the pool area. Five of the girls in our group were actually brave (crazy?) enough to go into the pool, while the rest of us chilled. Then after that, we chilled inside Bryan’s place just hanging out and chatting. So it was a good day, except for the bad news when my dad’s nursing home called me to tell me they had to send dad back to Montefiore b/c it seems he had gotten an infection. But there was nothing I could do at the moment about that, so I didn’t let it get me down.

Sun. June 24th
Went to visit my dad in the hospital. He didn’t look too great, so that was kind of depressing but I have faith.

We then picked up Jordan & Maryann and went to Buon Amici on Central Avenue for Athena & Ashley’s joint b-day dinner. The food there was really good and we all had a good time just chatting the night away.

We were actually there longer than expected, b/c we wound up missing about the first hour and a half of the WWE Vengeance; Night of Champions PPV. Seeing the PPV was a big deal for us, b/c it was the end of an era, as it would be the last PPV we’d see at Phil’s place, as he was preparing to move out by the end of the month. So we got to his place at 9:30, watched the PPV til the end, and then stuck around for the replay to catch the beginning.

Mon. June 25th:
I’ve already posted about this day… this was the sucky day. So check out the earlier blog about this date.

This week was busy mostly with a bunch of little things. So nothing to really report other than I was busy just running around doing errands.

The big news came on-
Fri, June 29th:
Ariana and I went to Mount Vernon to FINALLY close on the co-op apartment. So we are now officially in debt! Woo!

No, but actually, I am quite thrilled. It’s a good kind of debt. We own our own home property. So I’m very thankful to God for being so blessed.

After the closing, we met up with Maryann at the apartment complex and ran a few quick errands, including getting a parking pass for the church across the street (since parking can be hard to come by in the area), as well as picking up our mailbox keys.

Then that night I went to the Blender Theater at Gramercy to see Zebrahead and Unwritten Law in concert. It was the first time I had ever been to that venue, but it was actually pretty cool. It’s small (which is good), and it was obviously a converted old theater, so towards the back they still have the seats (sort of how Nokia Theater has it). So between bands I got to go up to the seats to rest, and then just went back down into the crowd when bands I wanted to see came on. It was very cool.

The only thing not cool, was the fact that the lead singer to every band that night seemed to be having wardrobe malfunctions. Every singer wore these like low cut pants, then decided to take their shirts off and dance and jump around showing off their “plumbers crack.”

I shrugged it off when the first band did it, b/c the lead singer was one of those anorexic looking male frontmen, so I figured it was just his look. Then Zebrahead came on, and their lead singer pulled his pants low, so I found it funny at first b/c I thought he was making fun of the other band. But then he kept it for the entire set. And finally Unwritten Law did the same thing, so that was kind of gross and annoying. But other than that, the music itself rocked and I had a good time.

Sat. June 30th:
Slept in to recuperate from the busy week. Then that afternoon, me & Ariana went with my mom and her husband to Home Depot to look around at paint samples as well as tiles for the bathroom. Then me & Ariana went to the apartment to take measurements of everything and Jordan & Maryann joined us to help. When we were done we went up to their place to hang out for awhile and play some Guitar Hero and Wii.

And I’m gonna cut this post off here b/c I had an extremely busy week last week, so I figure I should separate that from this blog otherwise it’ll just be too massive. So check back very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home