Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Bored at work... again

I'm just chillin here at work all bored, so I figured I'd just babble away on my blog. Let's see... what's new?

-Been playing tons of X-Men Legends with Ariana lately. And when she's not around, I just level up the guys in the Danger Room. I have this one training mode in there which is super tough to beat but thats good, b/c I can keep trying and leveling up my characters like crazy. I've already jumped all the X-Men from levels 22-24 up to levels 32-37, so now when me and Ariana go through the regular missions next time, we should be near unstoppable. I can't wait!

So yeah, if you can't tell, I like the game quite a bit. My favorite team at the moment is Storm, Iceman, Nightcrawler and Colossus. I'd highly recommend the game to anyone (especially if they are an X-Men fan). Check it out for at least a rental.

-Speaking of rentals though, I'm tempted to go rent that new game- Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. The commercial just makes it look like so much fun. I wanna blow stuff up!!!

Another game that looks like it'll be cool to rent/buy is the new Punisher game. It's supposed to be pretty badass, especially the interrogation/torture option. If anyone out there has played either of these games, let me know how they are.

****

I ran across a fun article on the KROCK website. I would post the link here but my mac here at work is stupid, so u know what? I'll just post the whole article here for everyone to see.


"Jan 19, 2005 9:55 am US/Eastern
(MTV Radio News)

TENACIOUS D AND FRIENDS ROCK THE WILTERN FOR TSUNAMI RELIEF

Foo Fighter Dave Grohl, Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder, Beck, Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age and Tenacious D all performed acoustic sets Monday night at the Music for Relief benefit show for tsunami victims at The Wiltern LG Theater in Los Angeles.

Actor Will Farrell opened the show by telling the capacity crowd - which included Luke Wilson and guitarist Brad Delson from Linkin Park -- all the music would be live and there would be “No Ashlee Simpson Bullsh*t.” He then went on to perform a lip-synched version of Coldplay’s “Clocks.” Seated at a piano, Farrell jokingly pulled his cell phone out of his pocket, took bites of a sandwich, read the newspaper and even took a nap during his “performance,” afterwards he begrudgingly admitted to lip-synching.

The first real performance belonged to Josh Homme, who played a short acoustic set that included “The Mosquito Song” - which he stopped in the middle saying “he was already bored.” He also played “No One Knows,” and two new songs; “Long Slow Goodbye,” and “I Never Came,” which featured Dave Grohl on guitar. Next up, Eddie Vedder performed the Pearl Jam tune “I Am Mine,” their cover of “Last Kiss,” the Cat Stevens’ tune “Trouble,” and The Who song “The Seeker.” Vedder was joined by Tenacious D’s Kyle Gass for The Beatles song “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away.”

Chris Rock, who was not on the bill, hit the stage and told some jokes about hosting the Oscars and then introduced Dave Grohl, who performed a new Foo Fighters song called “Razor of Mine,” and then launched into “Everlong,” “Times Like These,” and “Tired of You.” Beck hit the stage next and performed a few songs, including “Everybody’s Gotta Learn Sometimes,” from the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soundtrack and “Lost Cause” -- during which Will Ferrell came out dressed in a red body suit and did an interpretive dance to the tune, which culminated in him humping Beck’s pump organ. Beck stopped a few times to politely tell him to stop.

Tenacious D took the stage and introduced themselves as the “Greatest band in the world.” Their set included two new songs - one that will open their movie Tenacious D: In The Pick of Destiny - and another called “Dude, I totally Miss You.” They opened their set with “Flash Gordon,” and also played “Wonderboy,” “Explosivo,” “Lee,” F*ck Her Gently,” a Who medley and a Beatles medley.

Finally, the show came to a close with a special encore featuring Grohl on drums, Homme on bass, Beck and Vedder on electric guitar, Jack Black and Kyle Gass on acoustic guitar. They performed The Chambers Brothers song “Time Has Come Today,” Tom Petty’s “So You Wanna Be a Rock & Roll Star” and Led Zeppelin’s “Good Times Bad Times.” They were then joined on stage by Ferrell - playing a cowbell - as they reprised “Time Has Come Today.” Each member walked off the stage one at a time, leaving Farrell alone and hitting the cowbell as the crowd chanted “Time!” 96 percent of the money from ticket sales and donations from the event will go directly towards tsunami relief in Asia, according to the Red Cross. You can still make a donation at redcross.org."

-After reading this, I was just really jealous they didn't have anything this cool in NY b/c I so would have gone. This also just goes to further prove how awesome Will Ferrell is.

****

In baseball news- the Marlins won the battle for Carlos Delgado and I'm pretty happy about that. He's a solid left-handed hitter and will add some much needed power to the Marlins. His addition just makes the Marlins a VERY well rounded team- they've got very good young pitching (who if they live up to their potential can be great), lots of speed, good defense and now a fairly strong middle of the lineup.

This should make the NL East one of the more hotly contested divisions this year, now with the Mets and Marlins improving so much. Maybe Atlanta won't run away with it this year (I would hope).

The Marlins just really need to continue winning in order to support their push for a new stadium. They need one with a freakin retractible roof, and also so they can earn more money (as now they are sharing a stadium with the NFL's Miami Dolphins and most earnings go to them), But the state of Florida keeps jerking them around. I hope things get settled soon though, b/c Las Vegas is really pushing to have an MLB team come out there, and right now the Marlins are looking like the most likely team to make that move and I think that would really suck. So let's see what happens with that...

****

Oh and I had been meaning to talk about a funny thing I saw on TV over the weekend. I was flipping through the channels and I ran across this hilarious skit on MAD TV. Now I normally don't watch MAD TV (as I think it sucks), but the skit they had was one of the funniest things I had seen on a sketch comedy show.

The premise of the skit was making fun of the Terminator movies, but with a twist. This time they send the terminator (an Arnold look-a-like) back in time to save Jesus from being crucified.

So they have the Terminator appear at the time of Christ and as he is searching for Jesus to save him, he runs across a bunch of Romans and they show that first person view the Terminator has with the scanner where it says either "non-hostile" or "terminate." And he starts killing anyone off that had anything to do with Jesus' death.

They cut to Jesus at the last supper and as he is saying his final words, the Terminator bursts through the door, does a quick scan of the disciples before coming across Judas where he scans "Judas- Will betray Jesus- TERMINATE" and he takes out the shotgun and blows him away. Then Jesus is all like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!?" The Terminator is all like "I'm here to save you." And Jesus responds "No, you don't understand, Judas is SUPPOSED to betray me so I can die for the sins of the world." He then approaches Judas and raises him from the dead, but then the Terminator blows him away again as soon as Judas stands up. Jesus once again starts yelling at the Terminator "Stop it! He HAS to betray me!" He raises him again, and once again the Terminator kills him.

Eventually, Jesus convinces the terminator not to kill Judas, so then we cut to when Jesus is carrying the cross through the crowds and the Terminator is standing next to Mary weeping and he goes to her to hold her and just says "He'll be back."

-I just thought it was a genius skit that was well done, inoffensive considering the material, and absolutely hilarious in its delivery. It's not gonna make me a fan of MAD TV but I'd love to get my hands on that skit so I could watch it again- so I'm off to Kazaa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home