Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I should have just stayed home today...

Ok first off I just have to mention that I had this post completely finished but then it got accidentally erased before I could save it. And it's all because of my damn macintosh at work. Stupid macs!

But anyways... yeah I guess I should try to re-do the original post to the best of my memory...

So yeah on Friday I went to work and started to feel sick. It got progressively worse as the day went on but I still sucked it up and went to New Roc to see Blade: Trinity with Ariana, Sheila, Henry, Maryellen and Gaetano.

As for the movie itself, it was "ehh." The plot was nearly non-existant and the tiny bit of it the movie did have was kinda confusing, and some parts were just very cheesy (the part where Triple H is running after the Nightstalkers as they are speeding away in a car comes to mind).

Now granted the movie wasn't totally horrible. There were some decent fight scenes, Ryan Reynolds stole every scene he was in, and I will give props to Jessica Biel for not making me think of her as the "chick from 7th Heaven" throughout the movie. There were also a few funny lines in the movie, my favorite coming from Wesley Snipes himself:

Familiar: "I can't tell you! They'll kill me!"
Blade: "Kill you?!?! I'll f***ing kill you, Mother f***er!"

After the movie me and Ariana headed back to my place to chill but at that point my cold took a drastic turn for the worse and we realized what I had was actually the Flu.

Thus, I was COMPLETELY out of comission for all of Saturday. I was barely able to even sit up. The only times I actually left my room were to eat breakfast in the morning and dinner at night. It really freakin sucked.

I felt bad too b/c Rachael was leaving NY to go back to Florida this weekend and I was planning on going down to the city to see her to say goodbye but obviously I was in no condition to do so. So hopefully I will see her the next time she visits NY.

But yeah my weekend was pretty much shot. Thankfully I have an awesome girlfriend (that luckily had her flu shot) who stayed over and took care of me. It was also very nice to have the company, despite not being able to do much.

I felt a little better on Sunday, and I had a Final on Monday I needed to study for, so I forced myself to do that.

****

While online on Sunday, Charles IMed me and told me about the WWE Raw house show he attended the previous weekend. He said the show itself was "ehh" but what happened afterwards was completely awesome.

Chris Jericho had announced during the show that he and his band Fozzy were playing at a small club nearby right after the show. So Charles and a friend decided to go and wound up standing front row center during the entire concert. What makes it even cooler was that at one point he said that Jericho even jumped into the crowd to start a moshpit and Charles got to mosh WITH Jericho, slamming into each other and everything. He also said he got to chat with Jericho a bit, clank beers with him and everything. The whole story made me quite jealous. But it's cool that he had that experience, especially out in Savannah, GA where it's nowhere near as lively as good ol' NYC.

****

Watched Simpsons that night, and it was one of the funnier episodes as of late. There were a ton of great quotes throughout the entire episode. I don't remember them all but here were some that got me to laugh:

"That shirt is funny, smart and would cover my man-boobs nicely"- Nerd

"I like shirts with nice jokes on them like 'support our troops'- Marge

And 2 of the t-shirts shown in the episode that I got a kick out of- "Jews for Jebus" & "Scratchbin Itchpants"

The part with Bart realizing he was no longer a little kid anymore got me thinking as well. Especially when he was looking through his old toys like his etch-a-sketch, silly putty and boardgames. It reminded me of when I went through all my old stuff and even when I see some of it now in my closet. I tried to think of when I came to the same realization that Bart did, but I couldn't pinpoint any specific time or event. How about the rest of you?

****

Baseball news!

Carl Pavano is about 99% sure going to the Yankees, which is really good for them. They've done a good job so far bolstering their bullpen and starting pitching (hopefully Wright will work out), and they're not done yet. Hopefully they can get Milton and even somehow manage to acquire Johnson. Now THAT would be a pitching staff. Add to that the possibility of getting guys like Tino Martinez (yes, he's not as awesome as he used to be but is still good and has HEART which is something the Yanks need an infusion of in a big way) and Carlos Beltran, then the Yankees will have a solid team (and this time they can truly be called a team to be feared b/c unlike last year they would have the pitching to back them up). So let's see how that plays out.

I do feel bad for the Marlins though. They already lost their great closer (Benitez) and now they've lost their best pitcher (Pavano). Plus, I'm hearing that Boston is looking to make a deal for A.J. Burnett and that is a blow I don't think the Marlins could take at the moment. So I'm hoping nothing happens with that.

Oh and I'd be remiss if I did not mention the whole Pedro to the Mets deal. I honestly couldn't care less. I'll miss Pedro being on the Red Sox b/c when he pitched against the Yanks, there was about an 85% chance the Bombers would win that game, lol. But other than that whatever, he's the National League's problem now. Although I must say, if the deal stays on course, the Mets will have quite a decent starting lineup with Pedro, Glavine, Zambrano, Benson and Traschel. They just have no bats to back that up... so I'm curious what will happen on that end.

And finally, David Wells to the Red Sox. This is a move that came out of NOWHERE. And it can be a dangerous one as well b/c Wells is still a very good pitcher despite his age and he can give the Yanks a run for their money. So they need to be careful with him.

****

It was Ariana's b-day yesterday, but sadly she had both a presentation AND a final to deal with. We did hang out and go for dinner down in the city afterwards though. We wound up making the best of the night and wound up having a really nice time (and the food at the restaurant- we went to Terra, was really good as well). We will wind up celebrating her b-day at greater length once finals are over though.

****

So back to the reason behind the title of today's post... I still wasn't 100% this morning but I went to work anyway. Well as I stated at the beginning, it was b/c of my mac at work that I lost this entire post but that wasn't the only thing. We went to the Middle school for the after school program as usual but I took the Ram Van with the students so I wouldn't have to take my car and waste gas. Well on the way back I was dropped off at the guard booth but I realized as soon as I got off the van that my palm pilot came off my belt clip and must've fallen out as I was exiting the van. I ran to catch up to it but by the time I got there the van was empty. I went to the RV office to explain what happened and the driver searched the van but nothing. I called my co-worker to ask if anyone found it and luckily he told me that he thought he overheard one of the tutors saying they found something. So I tried calling the tutors but got none of them so I left messages.

Breaking News: As I was writing this, one of the tutors called me back to tell me he had my palm pilot. Thank God! That was quite scary.

****

This post is getting pretty long so I'll just wrap the rest up nice and quick.

-Ariana helped me win the set of Incredibles toys from ebay, so that was very cool.

-I bought Dragonball Z- Budokai 3 last week. I haven't had much time to play, what with finals to study for and me being sick, but what I have done so far has been a lot of fun.

And lastly I will leave you all with a quote from a woman I heard climbing the stairs out of the subway with her friends last night when I was out with Ariana:

"Stairs are the new stairmaster."

[I don't think there are words to describe how retarded that comment was. I had to try so hard to contain my laughter til they were out of earshot. Stupid people can be fun sometimes.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home