Friday, November 12, 2004

Talking about naughty puppets

Wrestling has been pretty cool over the past few weeks. The Survivor Series PPV is actually this Sunday so both shows were promoting it big time this week. Now for anyone who watches wrestling, Survivor Series is usually a PPV where two teams of 4 guys each battle in an elimination match. Well on Smackdown's roster it's Eddie Guerrero's team (consisting of Eddie, Rob Van Dam, Big Show and John Cena) vs Kurt Angle's team (consisting of Angle, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak, and Carlito Cool).

So last night me and Ariana were watching the show and to hype up that match they had Big Show vs Kurt Angle. Big Show came to the ring first and waited as Angle made his entrance with the rest of his group. Thing is, most of them where in Red, White and Blue, Angle's theme is playing while the crowd chants "You Suck!" to the beat of the music and they are all bad guys. So Ariana immediately sings- "Team America! F**K YEAH!" and I freakin burst out laughing. And I know that may not be funny to you if you haven't seen the movie but if you have and know about wrestling, that was just too perfect. So dammit, I just had to share.

That also hasn't been the first time Ariana has come up with some hysterical comments or phrases during a wrestling show. As she has gotten into the show more and more over the last few months she's been coming up with more and more funny stuff. She still gets me laughing everytime, when she begins to sing "I Feel Pretty, oh so Pretty!" everytime guys like Batista strike some gay looking poses. It's things like that, which prove I have the most awesome girlfriend.

****

Going back to Team America for the moment. I forgot to mention that how on Friday when me, Ariana and Stevo were grabbing pizza after the show, Steve had the Team America soundtrack on him. I listened to almost the whole thing there b/c it was so hard to put the headphones down b/c I was enjoying myself laughing my ass off so much. I will tell you all right now, it has some hysterical stuff. It's not as awesome as the South Park movie soundtrack (but not many things are) but it's still hilarious. I went to Bestbuy the next day to buy it but it was sadly sold out. Hopefully I will find out this weekend though.

****

Oh and speaking of things with puppets. Henry sent me a link the other week to a site that is taking pre-orders for a replica of the Puppet of Angel from the episode "Smile Time" from last season.

The pic on the link is a prototype, so it's not how the final version will look, but I've heard that it will wind up being an exact 1/2 scale replica of the Puppet used on the show. It comes out in March and I absolutely can't wait, cuz I've been saying from the moment I saw the episode that "I WANT ONE!"

and dammit, I'm typing this blog at work, on my mac, and apparently I can't put make hyperlinks out of words here, so I will just paste the link right below... (stupid macs)

http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/af_buffy_launch.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home