Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Sigh...

So I went downtown today to the Parking Violations Bureau to argue my case. Only thing was, I had to take the 5 train to get down there. And I'm sure all of you heard about the crazyiness with the MTA today on the 4,5 train lines, but I did not when I headed over to the train station (although I found out shortly into the trip). So I arrive at the 5 train station at like 7:40am, and a train doesn't arrive til 8:10am. Now I know the 5 line doesn't have the best service, but damn that was ridiculous...

So not only did it take a half hour to even get ON a train, but then it took almost an hour and a half just to get down to Fulton Street. I swear at some points the train was running so slow that I could have probably walked downtown faster... so that sucked.

But of course that couldn't be the ONLY annoying thing of the day. Sadly the people at the damn Violations Bureau once again screwed me over and wouldn't let me see a judge (despite being told on the phone I could). I made an uproar while I was there though and even had them bring a supervisor out to see me so I could try to get my situation resolved.

Sadly, it didn't go as well as planned. They were like an immovable object, so I was forced to pay the late fee while I was there, but I put in a request for an appeal, and thankfully the lady at the appeals desk was nicer than the other assholes there and set me up with an appeal hearing tomorrow between 11am-12pm. So I just gotta say a prayer and see what happens.

But yeah, just had to share that annoyance... (I hope the 5 line isn't as bad tomorrow as it was this morning, otherwise things aren't looking up...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home