Thursday, July 28, 2005

The calm before the storm

Been keeping things kinda quiet on the homefront the past 2-3 weeks. What with my new budget and all, I'm just trying to save more money, so we haven't been going out as much. But that's also mostly b/c we are going to have a VERY busy (and thus, prob very expensive) August and September. I've already mentioned all the concerts we're already going to, and I JUST added Our Lady Peace @ the Bowery Ballroom on Aug 31st. So with all that (not to mention whatever me and Ariana decide to do for our anniversary) I'm barely gonna be saving anything this next month.

So I've taken the indoors time to catch up on my video games. I've put a good amount of time into KOTOR2, and me and Ariana also beat Lego Star Wars (which was a fun game, thanks Henry and Maryellen)! I've also caught up a good amount in my DVR shows, so I've been fairly productive at home.

But that's not to say I've been a complete hermit though. This past Friday I went with Ariana, my mom and her husband to go see Fantastic Four. The movie was alright. It was NOT as bad as the reviewers made it sound. Granted, it wasn't spectacular but it was ok. Basically the movie was JUST the origin story, with the battle against Dr. Doom being kinda short. So I can see people bitching about that. But they totally got the characters of Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm down. Jessica Alba as Sue Storm was a questionable pick but she did ok, plus she's hot so I guess I'll let it slide. The things they changed with Dr. Doom kind of annoyed me though, but I can't say much cuz they followed the way they altered things in the Ultimate FF book, so it's not like they JUST screwed it up for the movie. It did follow the comic, they just chose to follow the crappy comic.

In the end though, I'll let FF off the hook b/c while this movie wasn't too great, it was a good setup, so that if they did a sequel (and you know they will) it has the potential to kick ass. So I'll wait and see.

****

Also went to chill at the Palisades mall on Sat with the whole family. Just window shopping mostly, but I did pick up some awesome new floormats for the backseats of my car. I'm not gonna say what they are just yet, if anything I'll take a picture and post it here later for u all to see.

****

On Monday me and Ariana were invited by Greg and Jessii to attend a free Sneak Preview of the movie- Stealth down in the city. I wasn't really interested in seeing the movie, but I haven't chilled with Greg and Jessii in awhile, and the movie was FREE so I figured, "why not?"

So I get down to the theater, and the line to get into the movie is actually pretty short. And the people that WERE there all were pretty much minorities (us included), so that just led to us making lots of fun of both the movie and the audience it would attract.

But yeah, as for the movie- me and Ariana wound up not staying for it b/c it turned out this showing was more for the press, and us "average-joes" were just there to fill up the empty seats- in the first 3 rows.

So when they walked us in and said we'd have to sit in the first 3 rows, I immediately turned to everyone in my group and was like "I'm out! There ain't no way I'm gonna strain my neck for this crap." Greg seemed tempted to leave also, but Jessii wanted to stay, so I said thanks for the invite but yeah, especially with my neck and back the way they are, I was not gonna deal with that. Not for THAT particular movie anyways.

****

And then, as I mentioned briefly in my last post, I went to the Yankee game last night. But sadly we did not get as good of a game as the one on Tuesday. The Yanks wound up losing 7-3, so that sucked. It was just a crazy game. Al Leiter wound up throwing like 114 pitches in only 5 innings, it was insane (although what's crazier is that for all that he actually only gave up 1 run).

But of course, the Yankee bullpen could not keep the game close and that was their downfall. So yeah, this is as big a signal as anything that for this trading deadline they need to concentrate on middle relief more than starting pitching or a center fielder (although those are important too, but you gotta make priorities since it's doubtful they can get ALL the pieces they need since they got nothing to trade).

****

Oh and as an addendum to my post from a few days ago about TV shows to watch, I've got another one for the list- Mind of Mencia. It's the new comedy variety show on Comedy Central starring Carlos Mencia, it's basically similar to the Man Show and Chappelle Show, just with a hispanic twist. I think it'd be enjoyable for anyone though, cuz the show is just freakin hysterical. New episodes air on Wed nights, but they repeat the show constantly throughout the week, so keep an eye out for it. This show is legitly funny, you don't need a unique sense of humor to enjoy it like some of the other shows I suggested. So yeah, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home