Thursday, July 28, 2005

They can't make me wait 2-3 more years...

I just finished reading Harry Potter last night. The story of how I finished reading it, is actually kind of funny in itself. I had been reading the book at work this past week and I was 21 pages from the end when Ariana came down to Rose Hill and we were supposed to set off for the Yankee game. She actually came a little earlier than I anticipated (she showed up around 4:30 instead of 5pm). If she had shown up by 5, I totally would have been done, but once she arrived I had to leave (although on a side note, i wasn't too upset, b/c the AC died in our building and so it was even hotter inside than it was outside, and THAT is saying something).

But as we walked to my car in the parking lot, I was just itching to know how on earth the book was going to end! Cuz first off, I hate having to stop reading a book in the middle of a chapter, and also, once I'm near the end, I just like to go ahead and finish. I can't leave a book unfinished with so few pages to go. So I expressed my feelings about this towards Ariana, and being the awesome girlfriend that she is, said I could go ahead and finish the book before we got on our way. So we got to my car, I pumped up the AC (COLD AIR!!!), and finished the book. It was a total geek moment, and I'm lucky enough to have a gf who supports/accepts such marks of my geekdom, heh. (Plus, she can't say too much anyway, she's the one who got me started on these books in the first place).

So yeah, as for the book itself- Damn... just Damn. What a great read. I would talk about it here, but I don't wanna ruin it for anyone who has not had a chance to read it yet (and I also do not know how to do invisible text yet- but if I figure it out, then I'll post my thoughts on the book). But I just have to say that Rowling is such a great author. The books just keep getting progressively better and better. Just when you think you have a handle on certain characters, Rowling adds more depths to them. And with the end of each book, she just leaves you craving for more. As per the title of this post, I can't stand the fact that I will have to wait between 2-3 years for the conclusion to this story, ESPECIALLY with all the stuff that happened at the end (and it hurts more, that there are reports going around that Rowling is planning to take a year off before even starting to write the 7th book- I pray these rumors are unfounded, b/c I just really can't wait).

But yeah, if you've finished the book (or are still in the midst of reading it) and would like to discuss it, just send over a reply or shoot me an e-mail and we can talk about it there. I'm dying to talk about certain things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home