Thursday, August 18, 2005

Eww...

I just picked up the 6th Season of the Simpsons on DVD on my Comic Book/Bestbuy run during lunch, and I have just got to say that the Homer's Head box for it is even WORSE than it looks in the pics!

First off the head has bumps and ridges on it, bumps for the nose and eyes and stuff (which is annoying in and of itself b/c how are u supposed to stack it with your other DVDs or even put it sideways with them)?. But then it's got this clear plastic sleeve that goes over it that's NOT contoured and it looks like it could break so easily. Even the most careful of people (like me) are gonna have a hard time keeping this from bending or eventually just coming apart at the poorly glued ends).

Oh but that's not all! The head doesn't even open sideways like normal. It flips down, making it even more awkward to place down and take the stuff out of (and even harder to put back in when you are trying to close it, unless you lay it flat on a table. And even then it's a slight pain. Trust me, I just tried to while here at my desk at work and stuff was sliding out).

Thank God the people at 20th Century Fox had a backup plan to appease the soon-to-be-very-annoyed Simpsons geeks around the world, by offering a program to send people who mail in their original receipt an original style box. Granted you have to pay shipping & handling ($2.95) but it's better than dealing with that crappy new box.

So yeah if you share my concerns about the box, you can get the new one by going to: www.simpsonsbox.com

I've already filled out my form and will be mailing it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home