Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Traffic sucks

Went to go see Velvet Revolver & Hoobastank at PNC Bank Art Center over in NJ last Friday (the 20th). We left a little later than I had wanted to, but we actually made amazing time out to the exit we needed for PNC. But once we got there (at about 7:45pm- and the show was supposed to start at 8pm) we hit MAJOR traffic. It was all people going to the show, and it was a MESS having to park.

I was really annoyed b/c I wanted to see Hoobastank more than Velvet Revolver but they were the opening band, and usually PNC shows start right on time. We heard Hoobastank playing as we were trying to find parking and at that point I knew we were screwed.

We wound up not getting inside PNC until 8:30pm, so we wound up only seeing the last 3-4 songs of Hoobastanks set. So that sucked, and what added to it was that the New Jersey crowd was COMPLETELY dead. It was probably one of the suckiest crowds I've ever seen at a concert. They had zero reaction to any of Hoobastank's songs, and even when VR came out, they weren't very into it.

I just chalked it up to it being a decidedly older crowd, but even still they just sucked. Also, for a moment there at the show I thought I was at a Motley Crue show or something with all the scummy people around us. Just people who were way too old and trashy to be going to a concert.... guess that's what happens when tix are only $15- it brings out everybody.

But I guess in the end I can't complain too much, b/c as I said the show WAS only $15, and plus VR put on a decent show- playing a few STP and GnR stuff so it was alright.

But yeah, I don't think I'll be travelling back out to PNC again anytime soon if I can help it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home