Thursday, December 14, 2006

Zebrahead Show

So last night (or more specifically Mon. Dec. 4th, since I don't know when I'll get around to posting this), I went down to the Knitting Factory to see Zebrahead in concert.

This was about the 6th time I've seen them, but it had been about 5 years (wow... 5 years? Time flies) since the last time and during that period they changed lead singers. And while I am not too keen on the new singer (at least on the CD), I know they give great live shows. And they had also come out with my favorite album of theirs (although that was with the original singer) in that time period as well, so I was really looking forward to this show.

Sadly I wound up going to this show alone, b/c Ariana was busy with school work, but I had a great time anyways. It was at the Knitting Factory, which as I mentioned in the post about seeing the Living End there, is a pretty tiny place. This time I decided to stay downstairs, right in the pit with everyone. I wore my Zebrahead fanclub t-shirt and was singing along to all the songs, and since I was so close, the guys in the band all saw me rocking out with them, and even pointed to me a few times.

So the show as a whole wound up being awesome, the crowd wasn't huge, so there was plenty of room to jump and mosh around, and they band played great. I even enjoyed the new singer. So that was cool.

And I got a bit of a treat on the way out after the show too. I swung by the merchandise booth before I left, and I saw a pretty cool Zebrahead shirt I wanted to buy. It was only $15, so I was like "why not?" I went up to the guy and asked for the shirt. The guy then proceeds to get the shirt I asked for, plus another/different shirt and hands them both to me. At first, I was puzzled and figured maybe he confused my order with someone else's, but then he proceeded to say "the extra shirt is on me for being a fanclub member." I was like "Sweet! Thanks!" and the guy also gave me a free poster and a sticker too. I thought that was just really nice and cool of the guy. And it led me to wonder if it's the same guy who runs the Zebrahead website/fanclub, b/c if it was, then I've spoken to him briefly by e-mail before and he was a cool dude then too (he had e-mailed me 2 exclusive tracks the band had on a Japan-only release). So, much fun was had, and they announced towards the end of the show that they'd be back in NY around the summer-time, so I will definitely be heading to that show as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home