Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Damn...

... did anyone else here witness the severe gangbang ass-raping of the Yankees by the Indians last night? 22-0, what a slaughter. I wasn't watching the game (I was watching as the Marlins behind Josh Beckett shut out the Mets 5-0), but I kept hearing about the score. I flipped it on just in time to see the last 3-run homer to bring the score to 22. Hell even the Yankee fans at that point had turned over to the dark side and cheered when the Indians hit that final shot.

So now the Yanks are only leading the AL East by 3 1/2 games over the surging Red Sox... and they only have 1 win from their starting pitching out of 17 attempts!!! Can't say I'm too happy about that. However, my spirits are lifted by the awesome NL Wild Card race. Five teams are vying for that spot, among them the Marlins who are now only 3 games back. And they still have 2 more games against the Mets (who they OWN) this week and then a weekend series against the Cubs (who if they can take 2 of 3 from would be in VERY good shape). So yeah, things are looking very interesting.

****

In other news, my best friend Charles (Chaz to those of you who met him last year), is actually coming to NY today to attend a wedding in his family but is actually staying for a week. That leaves us some chill time which will most likely include lots of video game battles in Mario Kart-Double Dash and going semi "old school" with WWF No Mercy for the N64 (still the greatest wrestling game ever made IMHO). So I'm psyched for that.

-Oh and I also JUST found out that my job is giving everyone off this Friday so we have an even LONGER long weekend. God I love my job!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home