Thursday, August 05, 2004

Can't win em all... but you can win some!

Grr...

I found out that Alter Bridge (basically Creed with a new singer) was coming to Irving Plaza in Oct (I believed I mentioned this in the last post). I joined their mailing list and thus got a password for ultra pre-sale tix which started yesterday at 1pm. Sadly the thing sold out in like 4 minutes and I wasn't able to get any. So that sucked...

But then I come in this morning with another e-mail from them (which must've been sent yesterday after I left work) all like "we've decided to add ANOTHER presale for Irving b/c that one sold out in 4 minutes. It will be Thurs morning at 10am."

I looked at my watch...

10:24am

DAMMIT!!

I tried to get tix, but that was all in vain and I knew it from the start.

So yeah that sucked and now my only real chance is to get tix during the regular sale tomorrow, BUT I already have plans. First I gotta go fight some stupid parking ticket I got, and then after that me and Ariana were supposed to go to the city to go see Metallica: Some Kind of Monster. So I'm not gonna kill my day just trying to get tix for that show. Maybe I'll luck out and can go directly to the box office though, we'll see. Keeping my fingers crossed again.

****

On to happier news. I went to the Yankees-A's game last night with the usual crew of Ariana, Christina and Rodrigo. It was a great game. Loaiza didn't pitch that well and the Yanks were trailing almost the whole game. But in the bottom of the 9th with the Yanks down 6-4, Sheffield hit a homer to tie it up 6-6. They couldn't get another run that inning though, so that meant- Free Baseball!!

Yeah, the game wound up going to the 11th with major scares from Mariano Rivera who let the bases get loaded with 1 out at one point, but he escaped that, thank god. And the Yanks pulled through and won it with a 2-run walk-off homerun by A-Rod. The crowd went nuts, and we all went home very happy.

****

In unrelated news, some of you have probably heard of this by now but I was just informed of this by Alan on Tues when we went for lunch.

Apparently Trey Parker and Matt Stone are making a new feature film called Team America.

Basically it's a movie that bashes Bush, Kerry, Michael Moore, the situation in Iraq, terrorists, everything, in true Parker and Stone fashion. Oh and did I mention the whole movie is done with puppets?

String puppets mind you.

Do yourself a favor and read this review. And then check out the trailer for the movie here. It's quite a laugh. I for one can't wait to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home