Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Fran-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tock!

Another busy but very fun weekend.

As I said in a previous post, I had Friday off, so me and Charles (Chaz to all u people who haven't known him for 10+ years) went to New Roc City to hang out. We originally intended to go to the Museum of Natural History but we got a late start to the day and he had to be back by 6pm, in order to get ready to go to his cousin's wedding dinner. So we went to the arcade at New Roc instead and then flipped a coin (literally) to decide whether to see Hero or Without A Paddle. Without A Paddle won. It was a fun movie and a matinee to boot so I was happy with our choice (although I still really wanna see Hero).

On Saturday I was gonna go get my haircut but when I came downstairs ready to go, I saw my sister giving my mom a haircut and the thought popped into my head all like "Hmm... Jenny went to beauty school, my hair is super easy to cut... let me save $10." So I asked her to cut my hair. It came out weird at first (kinda spiky, it didn't look bad, just different) and we got a great laugh out of how I looked (and our reaction to it) but I wasn't feeling it, so I just had her cut it super short like I normally get it, and it came out pretty good.

Later on in the day, I picked up Ariana and Charles and the three of us plus Jenny played some Mario Kart Double Dash for awhile. We set the items to "Frantic" mode, which made the races between the four of us absolutely INSANE. We had a hell of a fun time, and played through the first three cups and then ended it off by playing Rainbow Road (where we fell off the track like crazy). Me and Charles ended with the highest scores although I'm gonna be a bum and claim victory b/c even though we tied in terms of who finished first the most (at 6 apiece) I never finished in last, which he did. So go me! lol

After finishing our Mario Kart Madness, we headed to Joe's b-day party up at Dave & Busters. There was a HUGE group (including some people I hadn't seen in awhile) so we had a pretty good time.

On Sunday, not too much except I treated my grandparents out to a Chinese Buffet and we stuffed ourselves big time.

Finally, on Monday, Patty and Joe organized a BBQ over at Five Island Park in New Rochelle. We got it started a little later than we planned but we all had a good time. We played some frisbee and some Poker (No Limit Texas Holdem), which was cool. But we seemed to finish the food and drinks quicker than we planned. Luckily, Henry and Maryellen arrived later with reinforcements and saved our asses (Thanks guys)!

After we left the BBQ, me and Ariana headed to my place, then Charles came over and we played some more Karaoke Revolution (I so need to buy that game to play with our crew) and then chilled and watched Monday Night Raw.

****

Oh and in other news, thankfully my family in Florida is all safe from Hurricane Frances. Charles found out his house is safe too. He was told a tree fell on it but no damage occurred- can u say lucky?

The hurricane was annoying for other things though. The Marlins/Cubs series was postponed, which sucks for both teams (b/c that is a series which is VERY important to the NL Wild Card). Hopefully they'll be able to make up all 3 games fairly, and the unexpected break won't effect the momentum the Marlins had going for them (but then again they start up again with the Mets on Tues so that should be a walk in the park for them, the way the Mets are playing lately).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home