Thursday, September 02, 2004

Super Karaoke Fun Time!

Charles arrived in NY yesterday and I wound up getting out of work a bit early, so I wound up picking him up from his aunt's place up in Yonkers (who convienently lives very close to one of the high schools I work at) and we headed back to my place for some video game battles.

Ariana arrived at my place shortly after and we took a break from gaming to go get some quick food shopping out of the way, and then went over to "ghetto slice" to have us some bacon pizza ::drools::

We then headed back to my place and played some Mario Kart Double Dash, followed by Karaoke Revolution.

I had never played Karaoke Revolution before, but Charles had told me all about it. It was quite fun. Basically it's like Dance Dance Revolution, but you sing instead of dance. It has a microphone headset thing you sing into and you gotta hit all the notes and hold them at the correct time and stuff. It's got some really recent songs in there too (ie: The Darkness- I Believe in a Thing Called Love, Britney Spears- Toxic, Sheryl Crow- The First Cut is the Deepest) along with some oldies but goodies.

We made some odd rules that someone else had to pick the character you were gonna be in the game, so Ariana wound up picking this guy in a bearsuit for Charles. It looked pretty funny. We also got Charles to sing a bunch of Britney Spears songs, thus dubbing him "Britney Bear." And at the end when we ran out of Britney songs, we forced him to sing Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle" which he changed some of the lyrics to and it thus became "Genie in a Bearsuit." It was freakin hysterical.

I didn't wind up doing so great myself though, b/c my throat was a bit phlegmy. However, I tried doing the Darkness- I Believe in a Thing Called Love, just for the hell of it, and wound up kicking ass and getting the best single score on a song out of anybody (I still lost overall though). Ariana did quite well and probably would have won, if not for the fact she accidentally picked the wrong song for her final round (it was something she didn't know) and you can't go back once you select it without restarting, so she fell behind to second place.

But regardless, the game was seriously fun, and would definitely go over really well with a big group. I think i may seriously have to purchase it in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home