Thursday, September 09, 2004

No news is good news...

... or at least that is what I'm thinking at the moment.

The grad school never got back to me yesterday, but Ariana ran into some of the professors at LC and asked about my situation. They told her things went well, but the decision won't be processed for a few days. So they instructed her to tell me to just go to the classes I wanted to go to and they would fix everything accordingly later on. So like I said, I guess that's a good thing. Let's hope...

****

Got a few fun links to share with people, as there really isn't any other news to talk about. First off-

- Lego Star Wars! You know how they did Monty Python with Lego and that Spider-Man 2 lego thing I posted earlier? Well this is the same but with Star Wars, and it's a VIDEO GAME coming out soon. I am definitely intrigued.

-Joe sent me this link last night, it's pretty funny. It's a Da Ali G Translator. Hopefully most of you have seen or at least heard of Da Ali G and if not, watch his show on HBO, or download some stuff by him- I suggest his interview with Posh and Becks, hysterical stuff. But for those of you too lazy to do that, in a quick summary, basically Da Ali G is a jewish dude who acts all hip-hop. But he takes himself so seriously it's funny as all hell. He also has two other famous characters- Borat and Bruno, but Da Ali G is my fav. Actually the first season of his show just came out on DVD this month, go buy it!

BTW, the translator is funnier if you put it in a serious site like cnn.com, or hey why not try popping my site into it? I just did... funny stuff.

- I get e-mails from Toyfare magazine a lot with offers for exclusive figures and stuff. The latest came with some interesting stuff, like a "Fool for Love" Spike (from Buffy) figure (click the pic on the page for a larger view); a Buffy PALz figure (they're just like those mini-mates that are becoming super popular); and finally a Family Guy Christmas Train (3 seperate pieces to display). I just thought I'd share those items, just in case any of you may be interested.

- Oh and I almost forgot. A friend of mine is selling her practically brand new Pink Mini-iPod and asked if I could help spread the word about it. She said she JUST bought it and maybe used it like 4 times, but then she decided she didn't want pink anymore and wants to exchange it but the store doesn't accept exchanges. She's selling it for $220. And as far as I've heard, at Apple it would normally cost $249 and $268.92 with tax, so it's a pretty sweet deal. Contact her over at digital257@aol.com if you are interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home