Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Remember how annoying Fordham could be?

... I sure do. I'm currently experiencing some issues with Fordham in terms of my acceptance into the Grad school Counseling program.

Long story short- they screwed up when I applied online back in February and never downloaded my application until my professor found out and informed them of this error in late April. I wound up receiving a rejection letter in late May, and that pissed me off b/c there was no reason why I shouldn't have been accepted into the program (as I wound up getting all A's and B+'s in the classes that I took non-matriculated).

So I made an appeal to one of the deans and he was nice and willing to help me out. However, he couldn't do anything himself and had to wait til all the professors (or at least 8) could meet up to discuss my situation. And he said that wouldn't happen til RIGHT before classes started b/c most professors were away for the summer.

Well today is the day before classes start, and I hadn't heard anything from the guy. So I called him up this morning and I got his voicemail saying "I'm currently on sabbatical until January." He left some numbers to contact and stuff but I was still pretty pissed at this unexpected revelation. I then basically scrambled to try to reach someone to find out what was going on with my situation but every number I tried was going straight to voicemails and most of the mailboxes were full, so I couldn't even freakin leave any messages for anyone.

So needless to say, I was not having a good morning.

In the end I wound up going up to Tarrytown with Ariana b/c she had to go up there anyway to go speak with our old professor to try and help her figure out a scheduele for this semester. So I figured I would speak with her also, since she knew all about my situation and was fully on my side. I basically wound up being told I would not know my answer until tomorrow (Wed) b/c that would be the first day all the professors would be meeting.

Meaning I might have to pick out my scheduele once classes are already started... how annoying is that?

So I'm praying this situation will be resolved in my favor tomorrow and I can just start going to class again. Wish me luck people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home