Monday, February 27, 2006

Chinatown Trip

I met up with Greg & Jessii to hang out in Chinatown on Monday. It was one of the rare days off that we all shared so we knew we had to take advantage of it, b/c we rarely get to hang out anymore thanks to the aforementioned varying schedules. My main mission while I was down there was to buy the DVD of Final Fantasy- Advent Children. I lucked out right away, and found a store that had the 2 disc version with the Buster Sword chain for only $25.

I also found a pretty cool deluxe figure of Sasuke from the anime- Naruto. I wanted to get figures of Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi as well, but didn’t find any to my liking. Oh well, maybe next time.

Another item I didn’t find but I hunted for were the “Perfect” (or Bilingual) Versions of the Yu Yu Hakusho Box set DVDs. There are only 4 seasons to the show and they have a box set of each for only $30 (except box 4 which is $40). But sadly they had sold the final copy of the first box earlier that day. D’OH! Oh well, I do intend to get them eventually, b/c as much as I enjoy the show on cartoon network, they just edit out way too much stuff to get the full experience of the show (hint: the manga is quite bloody and violent).

The final item I bought for the day was an N64 Gameshark. For those of you who don’t know what Gameshark’s are- they are basically things you hook to your system in order to hack into the codes of games. You can do this in order to cheat at games (which is what most people use them for) OR to alter things in games. The reason I bought the N64 gameshark is because I have gotten back into the old N64 Wrestling game- WWF No Mercy. I still regard it to this day as the greatest wrestling game ever- even better than the recent Smackdown vs Raw games. I hadn’t played it in many months (probably almost a year) due to the fact that it had gotten a bit outdated wrestler-wise and I was too lazy to create the newer guys. But I found a great website with templates for all the guys I would need, so I have been updating the game like crazy over the past week and just having an all around great time playing it. Thing is the website has tons of info on “hacked” wrestlers and moves that weren’t in the game originally that look pretty freakin cool. So not wanting to be left out, I bought the Gameshark so I can now add these new “hacked” items into my game for an even more fun experience. I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, but I’m looking forward to it.

-And that was pretty much all I bought. The rest of the time we spent just hanging out and wandering around Chinatown. It was a good time for us "geeks," heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home