Monday, February 26, 2007

Road to our own personal Wrestlemania!

Last week both James and I were bored at work, and James challenged me to a "Wedding License" Ladder Match at Wrestlemania. This has come about from a few long running jokes stemmning from how awesome Ariana is, and how she'll say or do things which prompts James to get on his knee and propose to her (or ask if she has a sister). One example was, a few of us play the WWE Fantasy game, and Ariana actually knows the rules to the game better than some of the guys. So one day when we were discussing whether something should have counted as an object shot for points, she goes and says "No, it's not b/c it's inherent to the ring." (This impressed James to no end, as that was exactly how it was stated on the WWE site). So things like that have brought us to the point of his challenge. There is enough backstory, that we could actually put together an awesome 5 minute promo about the match to hype it up, lol.

We even booked the entire match. The referee will get knocked out near the end of the match (probably due to a reversed irish whip where either me or James will accidentally crush the ref in the corner). I will be climbing the ladder as Ariana distracts James, but then she'll either claw his eyes or something to make him stumble backwards into the ladder, knocking me off it (maybe sending me crashing through a table) on the outside. James will then climb the ladder, and get the contract.

BUT, the referee will still be down. So James friend (and manager for this match), Melissa will then turn on him, knocking him out with a steel chair shot. At this time I'll be getting back in the ring. I'll pick up the dropped Marriage License and at that point the referee will finally wake up, see me with it in my hands and declare me the winner.

(Yeah... sometimes we just have WAAAY too much time on our hands, lol).

****

And this just in! I've added a new match to our Wrestlemania card: it's a Battle Royal between all my male friends where the winner earns the right to be the best man at my wedding!

I've already booked the match to the point where I've selected the final five men in the ring. It'll end between: Chaz, Greg, Henry, Joe V, and Jordan. But I've yet to book a winner (wow... how this parallels real life! lol).

At least I have up til Wrestlemania to decide that one! I'm like the WWE bookers in real-life, I keep changing my mind all the way up to the last moment, heh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will cause Chaz to lose the match

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home