Thursday, June 09, 2005

Videos and stuff I promised

I'm back quickly to post the stuff I said I would before. But before I do that I have to share a quote from Ariana that came from an argument over an answer to a question in Scattergories (which we played last weekened at Patty & Joe's party). The question asked to name an athlete starting with the letter F and Ariana used a wrestler's name. The answer was challenged b/c everyone said that wrestler's don't count as athletes (now, I could go into a HUGE debate right now over this but I won't). So one of the things Ariana said in defense of her answer was:

"Anybody who uses their body to make money is an athlete."

This of course illicited a response of pure laughter from everyone in the room. It took Ariana a moment to realize exactly what she said too, which made it even more funny. Once again, I must say that I love it when she's so naive for some things, hehe.

****

-Another funny quote I heard over the weekend was from a television show. American Dad made me laugh for the first time this weekend when in a segment where the Dad (I don't even remember his name) was in a simulator where he had to conquer Iraq. He did so with ease and used a clever catchphrase while doing so. But then he was told another officer did the course faster and had a better catchphrase which was:

"Lucy you got some 'splodin to do!" In full Ricky Ricardo voice as he pulled the pin from a grenade and talked to it before chucking it at the enemy base.

I dunno, I found it amusing...

****

Now finally for the links to websites I promised. The first one was sent by Marisa. It's a site making fun of the whole Katie Holmes- Tom Cruise "relationship." It's worth a look just for the funny pictures they have posted.

The second site was sent by Joe V. It's a link to a video of Triumph the insult comic dog talking to people waiting to see the Star Wars movie outside of the Ziegfeld Theater in NY. You all HAVE to check this video out. It's ten minutes of pure hilarity. Seriously, it's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Triumph brutalizes those poor nerds. It's classic stuff. You can check the video out right here.

And finally, the last video is also Star Wars related and it was sent to me by Greg. It's not as funny as the Triumph video, but it's amusing. Basically, some guys who must work at a Grocery store had just WAAAAY too much time on their hands. Check it out here to see what I'm talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home